Girls’ Health in Girls’ Hands invites you to join the movement on Nov.22
GHGH My Health Matters Summit!
This wonderful yearly event is run by girls for girls. It is a day to pamper yourself, learn new things and meet other girls who are interested in changing the world for the better.
It is FREE for girls 11-18 who are part of GHGH participating programs:YEA (YWCA), Echo Girls and Youth Leaders (Girls Inc), MyLife (MCRCC), Peer Leaders (PPMM), Smart Girls and Leadership Team (B&GC) and PostPone (MCHD).
TRANSPORTATION and FOOD will be provided.
Girl participants will be deciding together what is most important issues needing to be addressed for girls’ health in Monterey County today! They will be participating in the following activities:
- “Taming the Stress Monster: Avoid having stress in our life eat us up & things we can do everyday to feel better!”
- “Let your Rainbow Shine: Learn about the spectrum of sexuality, personal comfort, consent and pressure”
- “No More Hunger Games! A workshop about nurturing healthy eating and lifestyle”
- Reproductive Health: Learn more about your body and breakdown myths
- Body Image & Self-Esteem: Redefining your body value and practicing self-love
- Healthy Relationships: Communication, red-flags and defining a healthy relationship with friends, family and partners
- Martial arts/self-defense: “Awakening your inner warrior!”
Want to know how last year’s summit went? Check out the video below:
If you are an alumni of one of the GHGH programs, want to volunteer or get involved contact us!
831-296-0140 Call or Text ( :