SPARK has opened applications to the SPARKteam, a group of girl activists & bloggers ages 13-22 from all around the world. The SPARKteam works together to plan and execute action campaigns with the help of SPARK’s adult staff.
- Take 2 “actions” per month. Actions can be blogs, media appearances, op-eds, public speaking, leading an on-the-ground event in their community, helping manage the Action Squad, and more!
- Post and discuss SPARK blogs on at least two networking sites per month
- Attend one online chat and one online training per month
- Communicate effectively with coordinators and editors on blogs, actions, performances, topics and editing sessions
- Attend our annual training retreat in the NYC area in early August (not being able to attend in person is not a dealbreaker!). SPARK pays for all food and lodging, and will help fund travel for girls who need financial assistance when possible.
Apply here until May 7th!
If you want to get involved but the SPARKteam is not for you, the SPARK Action Squad (SAS) does both local and global action campaigns, conversations, projects, advocacy and initiatives aimed at combatting gender injustice, ending the sexualization of girls and women and advocating for positive, pleasurable, healthy sexuality.
SPARK is a girl-fueled, intergenerational movement revealing and fighting sexualization of girls in the media. Check out SPARKmovement.org for more information.